We left Louisville airport at 10 am heading to Chicago. The plane was running late so we got a late start. We were on a small plane. It was our first time flying & I was scared to death. I told Bobby when we got to Chicago I wanted to go back home. From Chicago to Vegas we were on a bigger plane, but I still didn't enjoy flying.
 |
| Bobby & I on the plane |
 |
| Our 1st view of Vegas |
When we got to the airport to pick up our luggage, mine wasn't there. I was not a happy, but they assured me I would have it soon. So we headed to get our rental car...which turned into another disaster. Since I don't have full coverage insurance they wanted to charge us a ridiculous amount for each day we had rented the car plus all the fees & taxes. Needless to say we left without a car...which was OK by me once I saw the traffic on the strip. We headed to the hotel & got checked into our room. Then we went to find something to eat, since we were both starving. We hadn't eaten anything ALL day because we had spent most of the day in the airport. We had been told it was cheaper to eat in the motels vs eating on the strip. So we headed to the buffet inside our hotel only to find it cost us $80 to eat supper & it wasn't very good. We were both starving again within a few hours.
After eating we took $10 dollars a piece & put it in a slot machine. Bobby lost his money in just a few minutes. I on the other hand took my $10 and turned it into $75.50. We ended up putting the $20 we spent the first time plus $5 back in our pocket & played more slots on our winnings. We ended up loosing it though.
After getting gambling out of our system we decided to venture down the strip & do some sightseeing. Let me tell you there are some weird/crazy people in Vegas. My hubby tried to tell me this was the place people came to let their hair down & have a good time...but it was a little too wild for me. We didn't stay out long because I was hoping my luggage was waiting at the front desk for me, but it wasn't so we headed back to the room.
 |
| The view from our room |
 |
| The strip |
My luggage finally got there around midnight & I was very happy to be able to take a shower & change clothes.
 |
| Our room |
 |
| Another view of the strip |
No comments:
Post a Comment