I should have no excuses as to why I don't blog more. Life has just been extremely busy & I have been lazy! I even have the blogger app on my I-phone, so I could blog on the go. In the last two weeks I have switched jobs & went to day shift. This has flipped my whole world upside down. I have worked night shift for almost a year and let me tell you. I DID NOT like getting up at 4:30 am last week. I was crabby & irritable. I loved the fact that I was home every afternoon, but I was so tired. I would come home and clean, do laundry & cook supper before I ever sat down because I knew if I ever sat down it would be over. I LOVE 8 hour shifts & have gotten a little spoiled to them...I'm already dreading pulling my first 12 this week.
Starting a new job was very hard on me. I'm a person who doesn't adjust to change very easily. I like things my routines (my hubby says I'm OCD...which is a whole post in itself). After two weeks it is getting easier for me to adjust. I'm hopeful this week will make things a lot better as I will finally be back on night shift (we will see).
Right now I'm missing the kids!!! My kids have been gone for over a week & won't be back until this weekend. Last week they spent the week with their daddy. This week they are going to bible school with my dad. I have talked to them every day and they are having fun...so that's all that matters. Morgan has been playing with Jackson (her donkey) & she is very excited that he is now letting her pet him. The other three will be here the rest of the week. Two of them should be here anytime & the other will be here tomorrow. They haven't been here since last Friday. The fair is in town this week; we are going to try to take all the kids one night while I'm off work.
We finally got some rain & relief from the extreme temperatures. It has been well over 100 degrees here for several weeks. Our grass was dead and our house wouldn't stay cool. We added an air conditioner upstairs in the girls room to try help keep the house cool, but with the temperatures so high it didn't help much. There were days it was 78 degrees in our house & if we turned the stove/oven on to cook it got even hotter. Now that the temperatures are back in the 80's it is staying 70 in the house. Much more comfortable for everyone.
Over the weekend it was just the hubby and me. We didn't have any plans so Saturday we headed to his aunt & uncles to try to get them out o the house for a while. We all went riding the back roads. I love them two They always make me laugh & smile. We ended up in Somerset at Golden Corral to eat supper. I love their salads & they laughed at me because that is all I ate...except an ice cream come. After eating we headed back to the house. The hubby & I curled up I. The couch for a movie night. We watched Tyler Perry's new movie "Good Deeds". It was a good movie. I like all of his movies though.
Sunday morning we got up and headed to church. It is always good to be in God's house. Bobby always says the preacher is preaching to me & there are a lot of days he does. That's why I am there!!!! After church we went to eat lunch with his family at Pizza Hut. Then we headed to his mom & dad's to teach his niece how to parallel park for her driving test (which he took Monday morning & passed...Congrats Delana). We watched another movie when we got home. The hubby wasn't as interested in it as I was, but I thought it was a good movie. "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" kept my attention & was a little sad, but I would definitely watch it again.
Monday night we had another movie night. We watched "Life As We Know It" which was really good too. My hubby was amazed that I watched 3 movies all the way through 3 nights in a row. I'm not much of a movie person; I can't sit still long enough. Plus my attention span is not very log. There is always something else that is running through my mind that needs to be done. I was mighty proud of myself too!!
Hopefully soon I will get back blogging regularly. I have been looking for ways/things to inspire me to start doing better. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment