WHAT A DAY!!! I don't even know where to start! .
Now on to all the crazy stuff....DO WE REALLY HAVE A TEST TUESDAY??? I really haven't had time/energy to even pick up a book & study. This could be a disaster. One test could break you in nursing school, so this really has me stressed out. Not just this one test, but we have 5 test in 26 days...where do they think we will find time to study. I still have 48 more hours of practicum to do. I really didn't want to go into finals on the dreaded "bubble". I am going to try/make myself study all day tomorrow & Friday. I just hope I will be able to focus enough to retain the information.
Tomorrow is the day they meet to decide who gets the jobs at MCBG. They will not notify us until Friday of the decisions. I didn't think I would be so tore up over this, but this is the ONLY place I have put an application in at...so I am hoping for some good news! Please say an extra prayer for me! I really need a job when I get out of school. I have 50,000 worth of student loans to start paying off & no job.
Why do they wait until the last few weeks of nursing school & expect us to come up with a huge amount of money? I have known most of the semester about a lot of things, but there are a few that seem to have come out of the cracks the last few weeks....here is a run down of what has to be done in the next few weeks...I wish we could take out loans on all this stuff...
KBN license-$110
NCLEX-$200
FBI background check-$25
Hurst review-$350
Nursing Cords-$11
Nursing Graduation pictures-range from $40-$335
and I am sure there is more stuff that I can't even think about right now. I wanted to order graduation announcements...at least 1 so I could have one to put up & keep....they are 10 for $30. Anyways...enough about the money stuff. It will ALL work out somehow someway. I have an AWESOME support system that will make sure I have what I need to get by...they ALWAYS have before & I am sure they will now. I guess I shouldn't worry about it. I just hate feeling like I have to ask someone for something all the time. I have always been a very independent person who didn't like asking for help or wanting any help because I felt like I should be able to do it all on my own....guess I need to loose my pride a little & just let everything fall into place.
Well, I feel like my blood pressure has dropped a little just getting all this off my chest!
I want to say a special thanks to a few people because I know I get tied up in all the stress & don't express my thanks NEAR enough. So here it goes....
Mom-Thank you for all your support...physical, mental & emotional...you are ALWAYS there whenever I need you. Thanks for letting me stay at your house during practicum so I will be closer to work and thanks for all the home cooked meals! Thanks for staying up last night to make me some new stethoscope covers. Thanks for everything you have done & continue to do!!!
Gene & Joann-Thanks for helping with the kids & letting them stay with you when I have practicum. You have been a HUGE help! Thanks for meeting at the house with the kids on the nights I don't get back to Edmonton until 9 or later. Thanks for feeding & bathing the kids so I don't have to do it after a 12 hr shift.
Grandma Lowe & Papa John-Thank you for all your help emotional & financially. I couldn't have made it this far without you. You have NEVER doubted me & stood behind me through thick & thin!
Thanks you to all me friends & family who have listened to me vent. I have done a lot of venting the last few days! Thank you for listening! I am very BLESSED!!!
Now that I have vented & thought about ALL the people I have that are behind me....I NEED TO COUNT MY BLESSING & STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE STRESS...this is easier said than done, but I really do have a lot to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment