Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5 more days :)

Wow did I just write 5 more days????  The thought of that makes me sick at my stomach....which I have been ALL day!  I am having a really hard time taking all this in right now. 

Today was test day as many of your know & I PASSED!!!!!!  Thanks for all the prayers!!!  WOO HOO....it has been a while since I passed a test this semester!  Anyways I was VERY proud because I have put in long hours for the last several days....and it paid off.   I now have a 76.8 in the class...which makes my stomach turn REALLY bad.  In order to graduate we have to have a 77.0.  There is NO longer a rounding rule in the nursing program...which by the way sucks!!!  There has only been one semester I have went into finals passing...so I know it is still VERY possible for me to graduate.  I just hate that my family & friends are going to be stressed out for the next 5 days.  I'm not sure why I do this every semester....but it always seems to work out.  One of my nursing peers told me at the begining of the semester I was the "luckiest" person she knew...she said you have pulled yourself out by the skin of your teeth 2 times now...."Either the 3rd time will be a charm or 3 strikes & your out"  I am still hoping for the 3rd times a charm.  I don't know if my body (especially my heart) could handle going through this again...and I'm not so sure my family or kids could.  Lots & lots of prayers for all of us the next few days :) 

I woke up with a migraine this morning...which started my day off on a wonderful note.  I am not sure what is was caused from....could have been one of many things....withdrawal from Red Bull? stress? not eating right? sleep-deprivation?  So after getting the kids out the door & to school I took some medication so I could get through the test..  I was hoping after the medication & test it would subside & I could make it through the day.  Well needless to say....it didn't.  I have had a major headache ALL day....to the point that it has made me sick at my stomach.  I really think it is from stress related to nursing school as evidence by migraine, upset stomach & palpation's.... (wow...did I really just write a nursing diagnosis about my migraine???).  YES sometimes I wonder if I may be losing my mind....LOL

Just a quick run down of what all still has to be done in the next 11 days....

12 hours of Practicum tomorrow
Studying Thursday
Morgan dance recital Thursday Night
Studying Friday
Morgan dance recital Friday night
Spencer ballgame Friday night
Saturday & Sunday all day & all night study sessions
Monday FINALS (oh me)
Monday HESI-which is worth 10% of our grade :(
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday--8 hours each day of NCLEX review
Friday--retake the HESI Exit exam (we took it for the 1st time today...and I didn't do so well)
Saturday---PINNING & GRADUATION

I think writing all that & looking at it is going to cause me to have a panic attack....I will NOT know what to do when I can actually have a life again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment